“So, what are you on Tinder for?”
That question always leaves me puzzled. I never know how to answer that.
It’s like asking what is the meaning of life in the world of a single, attractive female on Tinder.
I don’t know why I’m on Tinder. Maybe I’m bored. Maybe I’m looking for love (probably not).
I’m not a hookup kind of girl. Why AM I on here? I don’t fit in. I don’t belong.
These are the things I want to respond with when asked this question:
- I’m just looking for someone I can be emotionally unstable with.
- I want to marry for money. So what do you do for a living?
- I thought it was the new candy crush fad.. and well, I’m not wrong.
- I’m looking to be your next crazy ex-girlfriend.
- I want someone to cuddle with and buy me wine (this one is actually true)
- Hookups, duh.
- A boyfriend, duh.
- I’m a psychology student who is trying to psychoanalyze why other people are on here.
- Trying to find my Prince Charming.
- To superficially judge people on their appearance.
- I’m looking for a future husband. By the way, is your friend in your second photo single?
- I’m here to get my eggs fertilized.
- I want someone to practice my mating call with.
- I’m just Mindy Lahiri searching the world for my Danny Castellano.
- Looking for a thunder buddy.
- I’m just looking for someone to make boring conversation with until someone better comes along.
- I heard there was free food. (There’s not)
- Looking for someone to feed my caffeine obsession.
- Looking for someone who would buy me a puppy if I asked really nicely.
- I’m trying to find myself.
There are so many other things I have thought of saying also. But alas, I find myself in this weird limbo between not wanting a hookup and not wanting a boyfriend.